Friday, May 13, 2011

Extreme Barn Makeover

I'm sure I must have posted pictures of our barn before. It looked like this:


Except worse, because that was a long time ago and since then the goats have been eating off the sides, so they were more brown.


So, it was pretty run down.

While my dad was staying with us, we had him paint it. The color we chose is a Home Depot match of Martha Stewart's color called "Barn." (How many people actually use it to paint barns, though?) Now it looks like this:


Cute, right?

We're thinking it may be fun to gather the animals together and take a picture in front of the barn, to send to the previous owner. The man built this barn and they had animals while their family was growing up. They have lots of nice memories, but they just assumed everything he built would be torn down for a fancy new home when they sold the house. (It would match the neighborhood better.) He was excited to hear that we were planning to have animals. I think he would get a kick out of seeing how we're improving the place and using it. We'll see.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ooooooh! I'm so glad you painted it barn. And I'm so glad you call this post "Extreme Barn Makeover." Actually, I thought last night that I should come see the finished product, but then it was too late by the time LA and I were done. We'll see it soon.

Now you need a white picket fence!